Andrea joined AGP in 2020 as a Senior Associate, after working for a notable international law firm in Cyprus. Her practice encompasses corporate & commercial litigation, arbitration and insolvency. Andrea holds a Master of Law from the University of Cambridge (UK).
Andrea has extensive experience in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation, arbitration and insolvency. Andrea acts for a wide range of clients including local and multinational corporations and banking institutions for matters mainly relating to commercial disputes and injunctions, shareholder disputes, corporate fraud and insolvency.
Previously, Andrea worked at notable law firms, including as a senior associate at Harneys Cyprus, and has gained work experience at Graf von Westphalen, in Frankfurt and at Wragge & Co (now named Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co LLP) in London and Birmingham.
Aside from being an active lawyer, Andrea is a part-time associate lecturer in company law at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) (Cyprus campus). Further, Andrea is a qualified insolvency practitioner.
She also co-authored the Cyprus chapter of “Complex Commercial Litigation 2018” published by Getting the Deal Through.
She is fluent in English and Greek.
- Called to the Cyprus Bar (2014), Cyprus Bar Association
- Qualified Insolvency Practitioner
- Advising one of the world’s premier investment managers on the bidding process for the potential purchase of a €5.7 billion portfolio of medium and large-size NPL exposures of one of the largest banks in Cyprus.
- Advising a Russian ultra-high net worth individual of the Forbes world’s billionaire list in connection with disputes over matrimonial assets with value exceeding €10 billion.
- Acting on behalf of one of the largest Russian banks in a discovery action and obtaining interim disclosure orders and gagging orders against major Cypriot banks in support of a US$30 million asset tracing against a Russian high net worth individual and his group of companies.
- Representing a leading Singapore-based investment company in a €180 million multi-jurisdictional fraud and conspiracy claim against a Japanese high net worth individual and associated companies, and obtaining ex- parte freezing orders until adjudication of the dispute.
- Acting on behalf of one of the largest Russian banks for a €49 million fraud, conspiracy claim against a Russian high net worth individual, his group of companies and major Cyprus-based fiduciary service provider and obtaining ex-parte freezing orders until adjudication of the dispute.
- Successfully opposing the recognition of a US$ 4.7 million LCIA arbitral award in Cyprus against the defendant to the LCIA proceedings.
- LL.B (Hons) Law, University of Kent (First Class with Honours 1.1)
- LL.M - Master of Law, University of Cambridge