Having practiced in New York, London and Cyprus, Emily is an experienced international lawyer member of the New York, the UK (Barrister of Lincoln’s Inn) and the Cyprus Bar Associations, holder of an LL.M. in Corporate, Banking & Finance law from Fordham Law School in New York. Her practice encompasses general corporate, finance and business law advisory.
Emily joined AGP in 2018 as a Senior Associate. She has extensive experience in the areas of corporate and commercial law, legal aspects of finance, international law and commercial litigation. She provides counsel in corporate law matters, contract law, international law and commercial litigation.
She is a former New York City Judge and has served as the Secretary and Vice-President of the Executive Board of the New York State Administrative Law Judges Association. She has also been appointed as a member of the Audit Committee for the National Association of Law Judiciary in the United States.
Previously, Emily worked in notable law firms, including as a contract attorney at Clifford Chance LLP (NY), at the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, and in-house as Deputy General Counsel. Aside from advising SME’s, she has published many articles on business law matters and taught an advanced business law course at Queens College in New York.
She has also completed research regarding international boundary law at the United Nations International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) in Hamburg, Germany, and was a Visiting Scholar at Fordham Law School in New York conducting research on securities law and the extraterritoriality of litigating foreign-cubed cases in the U.S.
As from 2015 she serves as FINRA Arbitrator (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority of the United States) conducting formal hearings relating to the financial industry and broker-dealers registered with FINRA.
Emily has practiced in Cyprus, New York, London and Athens.
She is fluent in English and Greek.
- New York State Bar Association (2011)
- Bar of England & Wales (The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn) (2006)
- Cyprus Bar Association (2008)
- The New York State Administrative Law Judges Association (2014)
- The National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary (2014)
- Master of Laws (LLM) on Corporate Banking & Finance Law, Fordham Law School, New York,
- M.A. on International Boundary & Territorial Law, Durham University, U.K.,
- BVC (Barrister at Law), The College of Law, London, U.K.
- B.A. in Economics with a minor in Business Administration, Fordham University, New York.
- Legal Issues Surrounding Smart Contracts, Published in October 2018, Electronically in Touch, New York State Bar Association.
- Crowdfunding for Start-Ups, September 2018, Electronically in Touch, New York State Bar Association.
- What Lawyers Should Know About Advising Start-Ups, June 2015, Electronically in Touch, New York State Bar Association.
- Arbitration and Mediation in Cyprus, 67 Dispute Resolution Journal 3, (2012), American Arbitration Association, pp.84-89.
- Getting the International Deal Done, January 2012, Electronically in Touch, New York State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section.
- The Imia Islets: A Beginning to the Maritime Delimitation of the Aegean Sea Dispute, 17 Ocean and Coastal Law Journal 1 Fall 2011, pp.103-126, University of Maine Law School.
- Ship Finance and Oil Pollution from a Legal and Financial Perspective, Shipping International Monthly Review June 2006 (Posidonia Edition) pp.46-48.
- Cyprus: The Blockchain friendly Island