Our lawyers and in-house chartered accountants have the in-depth knowledge and expertise in providing legal and financial due diligence to our clients.
We strongly recommend that prior to the acquisition of a company or of a company's stake of shares, or prior to entering into or enforcing or registering measures like Pledge & Charge Agreements, a legal and financial due diligence is undertaken in order to ensure:
- the legal and financial standing of the target company
- the ownership to the shares under sale or charge
- the liabilities and/or obligations, if any, of the target company
- that the corporate governance obligations are met
- that a sound method of acquisition is put in place
- that any agreement, such as Pledge, is lawful according to Cypriot Company Law and as such it can be duly registered
For more details as to how can we help you, please contact us now.
We offer legal and financial due diligence services for the benefit of clients prior to entering into a potential agreement for merger, acquisition, charge or pledge, or a corporate finance transaction.
Our clients include corporate and private investors as well as local and international practitioners. We have on few occasions discouraged our clients from moving forward and completing a Share Purchase after the disappointing results which a sound legal and financial due diligence showed; these clients have appreciated our work more than any other.
Investing through the acquisition of a company (such as, instead of purchasing an immovable property directly you choose to acquire the company which owns the said property) may seem risk free sometimes; however, the losses can be great and the pitfalls many in case of hidden liabilities which the company may later prove to have. We always encourage our clients to consider having a proper legal investigation and a legal and financial due diligence issued.