Gibraltar Company Formation
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory, situated on Spain's south coast. It is a stable jurisdiction in the EU region with its' economy mostly based on financial services, online gambling, shipping and tourism. The national currency is the British Pound and the official language in English.
Gibraltar companies are subject to a tax on profits of 12.5% on any income accrued or derived in Gibraltar. In practice this means that Gibraltar companies which do not trade with other Gibraltar resident companies (or individuals) will be operating tax free. The Gibraltar Non-Resident Company is also exempted from VAT and has significant tax advantages making it a common use for holding and international trading structures.
Facts & Info about: Gibraltar Company Formation
Limited Liability Company
- Minimum Share Capital: £2,000.00 divided into 2000 shares of £1.00 each (or the equivalent in euros)
- Minimum Number of Shareholders: One
- Minimum Number of Directors: One
- Bearer Shares Allowed: No
- Corporate Directors Permitted: Yes
- Company Secretary Required: Yes
- Shelf Companies Available: Yes
- Possible Name Endings: Depends on the type of company required but most will be limited by shares, therefore – Limited
- Registered Office / Agent: Yes
- Local Directors: No
- Local Secretary: Yes
- Local Meetings: No
- Government Register of Directors: Yes; registered at the public registry
- Government Register of Shareholders: Yes; registered at the public registry
- Annual Return: Yes
- Submit Audited Accounts: Annual Abridged Balance sheets need to be submitted; this depends on the activities, size, turnover and employees of the company.
- Minimum Annual Tax: 12.5% on any income accrued or derived in Gibraltar. Tax does not apply to non-Gibraltar sourced income. Therefore, should the company derive income from both in and out of Gibraltar, only the portion earned in Gibraltar will be subject to tax.
- Urgent same day (accelerate fees), or 3 working days
- Shelf Companies: Available upon request