Malta Company Formation
Malta today is fast gaining recognition as an international financial services centre. A comprehensive and flexible framework for financial services has been developed creating an attractive business climate for the financial services industry, combining the principles and standards established in the company law harmonisation directives of the European Union.
Maltese International Holding Companies (IHCs) and International Trading Companies (ITCs) can be used as corporate vehicles for a wide range of business activities. Corporate tax rate is at 35%, however, where a Company is owned by non-residents of Malta the effective corporate tax can be as low as 5%.
Facts & Info about: Malta Company Formation
International Holding Companies (IHCs) and International Trading Companies (ITCs)
- Minimum Share Capital: Lm500
- Minimum Number of Shareholders: Two (One for IHC)
- Minimum Number of Directors: One
- Bearer Shares Allowed: No
- Corporate Directors Permitted: Yes
- Company Secretary Required: Yes
- Shelf Companies Available: No
- Registered Office / Agent: Yes
- Local Directors: No
- Local Secretary: Yes
- Local Meetings: No
- Government Register of Directors: Yes
- Government Register of Shareholders: Yes
- Submission of Annual Returns: Yes
- Submission of Audited Accounts: Yes
Corporate tax rate: 35%.
However, corporate tax of 5% applies in cases where a Company is owned by non-residents of Malta (please note: companies pay corporate tax of 35% and upon dividends distribution it receives 30% or 6/7 of the tax paid provided that the Company beneficial owner(s) is/are non Malta resident(s).