Mauritius (GBC1) Company Formation
Mauritius is located south west of the Indian Ocean. Its' company law is modelled the English law system. Mauritius has a modern and flexible legislative framework for the operation of offshore business. In recent years the island has developed into a quality jurisdiction for international financial services.
Category 1 licence enables a company to access Mauritius’ comprehensive network of double taxation agreements. Qualification is achieved through local management and control, and payment of Mauritius corporation tax. The standard tax rate is 15% although generous credit relief can reduce this liability significantly (as low as 3%).
Facts & Info about: Mauritius (GBC1) Company Formation
Global Business Company, Category 1
- Minimum Share Capital: One
- Minimum Number of Shareholders: One
- Minimum Number of Directors: One
- Bearer Shares Allowed: No
- Corporate Directors Permitted: No
- Company Secretary Required: Yes
- Shelf Companies Available: No
- Registered Office / Agent: Yes
- Local Directors: Minimum one for incorporation and minimum two for treaty access
- Local Secretary: No, but required for treaty access
- Local Meetings: No, but required for treaty access
- Government Register of Directors: No
- Government Register of Shareholders: Yes
Annual Return: No
Submit Accounts: Yes
- 15% tax on profits, but the company is entitled to deemed foreign tax credits of 80% which reduce the overall tax considerably (net effective tax rate can be as low as 3%).
- Minimum annual tax / License Fee: US$1.500