Mauritius (GBC2) Company Formation
Mauritius is located south west of the Indian Ocean. Its' company law is modelled the English law system. Mauritius has a modern and flexible legislative framework for the operation of offshore business. In recent years the island has developed into a quality jurisdiction for international financial services.
Category 2 licence enables a company to enjoy the flexibility of the traditional International Business Company with exemption from local taxation (subject to payment of an annual licence fee) and reduced public reporting obligations, but it does not have access to the Double Taxation Agreements of Mauritius.
Facts & Info about: Mauritius (GBC2) Company Formation
Global Business Company, Category 2
- Minimum Share Capital: One
- Minimum Number of Shareholders: One
- Minimum Number of Directors: One
- Bearer Shares Allowed: No
- Corporate Directors Permitted: Yes
- Company Secretary Required: Optional
- Shelf Companies Available: No
- Registered Office / Agent: Yes
- Local Directors: No
- Local Secretary: No
- Local Meetings: No
- Government Register of Directors: No
- Government Register of Shareholders: No
- Annual Return: No
- Submit Accounts: No
- Exempt from all taxes, but it does not have access to the Double Taxation Agreements of Mauritius.
- Minimum Annual Tax / Licence Fee: US$200