Cyprus | Legal Guide for Dog Owners in Cyprus
Dog friendly beaches in Cyprus
In Cyprus animals are not allowed to circulate on the beach or swim in the sea (cf. the Law on the Beach Protection Ch. 59, art. 5D) with the exception of a number of beaches, which are open to dogs as determined by the Central Beaches Committee.
According to the information provided by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation, currently dogs are allowed on the following seven seashores:
- Karavopetra Dog Beach, Monagrouli
- Prolimnos Dog Beach, Pissouri
- Kassianes (Spyros Beach ) Dog Beach (south of Larnaca airport)
- Acheleia Dog Beach (northwest of Paphos airport)
- Pitili Dog Beach, Neo Chorio
- Louma Dog Beach (Please note that there will probably be a new dog beach in Agia Napa in 2016, as this is the area where Agia Napa Marina will be constructed.)
Kato Pyrgos Tillirias
- Steradjia Dog Beach
If you are interested in receiving information about the legal landscape in Cyprus, you can subscribe to our newsletter.
The above information is provided for general purposes only and does not constitute any legal or other kind of advice.