Angelos Paphitis, Managing Partner was invited by the Cyprus Business Network to participate in an informal meeting with Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission leaders.
All attendees of the meeting were members of the Economic Diplomacy Council, part of the Successful Business Leaders Club.
The meeting was also attended by CySEC Chairman George Theocharides & Vice-Chairman George Karatzias.
During this private event the attendees had the chance to discuss the following:
- What are the challenges for CySEC;
- Why do they do what they do and how do they do it;
- What is in the pipeline;
- What to expect in the nearest future;
- Now we know more about CASP registration;
- The introduction of MiCA;
- New ideas on Crowdfunding Regulation;
- Registration of PanEuropean Private Pension Plans in Cyprus;
- AML supervision, today’s risks CFD and findings of ESMA;
- Policy decisions on RAIF;
- Future of DLT;
- Limits for fund managers;
- Increase CySEC fees and facilitation in some processes and procedures.
The meeting was done in line with the initiatives to help Cyprus authorities in communication with ex-pats who live and work on the island and to bring together local and international professionals.