Recommended contact person
The easiest way to relocate to Cyprus is by obtaining a visitor visa.
For an applicant to obtain a visitor visa, it is required of them, to have their own stable income from overseas from legal sources, either in the form of:
- A salary from overseas employment;
- Dividends, shares;
- Income from a rental property abroad;
- A visitor visa is valid for 12 months and it is renewable each year;
- It does not give the main applicant or their spouse the right to work in Cyprus;
- Each family member is required to submit a separate application;
- The initial package of documents is submitted by the main applicant and family members on the same day;
- The applicant must enter the Republic of Cyprus with a tourist visa (short-term) granted at the embassy of Cyprus of their home country or country of permanent residence.
Other Important Conditions:
- The holder of the visa cannot be absent from the country for more than 90 days in a row;
- If the above period is exceeded, the visitor visa is revoked and the holder is not allowed to enter the country;
- Detailed statement of bank account transactions in a financial institution in the Republic of Cyprus, for the last 12 months in case of a renewal or from the date of opening the account in the case of a first permit, showing the foreign remittances in the name of the applicant which in total should not it is less than €2,000 per month or €24,000 per year for one person. This amount increases by 20% for the spouse and by 15% for each child. For the purposes of calculating the amount, transfers abroad or to third parties will not be taken into account;
- During the first permit, a cash transfer or deposit of at least €10,000 is also accepted. In the case of a cash deposit, the cash declaration at customs must be submitted;
- Original medical examination certificate of blood tests, proving that the third-country national does not suffer from hepatitis B, and C, HIV, syphilis, as well as a chest X-ray for tuberculosis with a doctor’s opinion, stamped by a specialist doctor from the Republic of Cyprus ONLY for the 1st Permit.
Required Documents & Certificates:
- A legalized clean criminal record certificate must be issued from the applicant’s home country or country of permanent residence (the certificate should not be older than 6 months old );
- The approximate time frame for the final approval from the immigration headquarters and receiving the card from the authorities is approximately 4-5 months;
- A letter of guarantee is required for every family member and applicant;
- Application for Cypriot citizenship can be submitted after seven (7) years of legal residency;
- After 183 days in Cyprus the visa holder can become a tax resident in Cyprus and benefit from lower taxes.
The information provided by A.G. Paphitis & Co. LLC is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional or formal legal advice. You should not act or refrain from acting based on any information provided above without obtaining legal or other professional advice.
For further information please contact us.