Angelos was born in Limassol, Cyprus. He graduated in law from London Southbank University, was awarded an LL.M in Commercial & Corporate Law from University College London (UCL) and he is a Barrister-at-Law of Gray’s Inn, London (2001). He is the managing director of AGP Law Firm and the AGP Group of Fiduciary Services.
Angelos is a person of strong personality, hard worker and motivated for success, effective team leader and able to inspire, influential and highly knowledgeable of what he is dealing with.
Angelos is heading the AGP Commercial & Corporate Practice; he has many years of experience on corporate and commercial areas of the law, both in consulting and in representing clients in complex and high profile disputes in District and Supreme Courts, as well as on International Arbitration centers. He is a registered trust and estate practitioner, member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), holder of the title TEP, and an authorised Insolvency Practitioner member of the Association of Insolvency Practitioners of Cyprus since 2015.
Additionally to the above, Angelos is also a lead member of the AGP Financial Regulation & Advisory Practice, representing local and international Investment Firms and Payment Institutions.
Angelos further handles matters involving local and international tax, trusts & trustee matters, corporate structuring, finance & banking law, real estate and foreign investments in Cyprus. He advises on a wide range of tax and estate matters, including creating structures to hold assets, minimise tax and maximise protection of such assets. He frequently acts for high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs and companies.
Angelos is fluent in English and Greek.
Ranked in Chambers Europe 2018 on Dispute Resolution
Recommended by the Legal 500 EMEA 2012-2018
Recognised Practitioner on Financial and Corporate Law, by IFLR1000, 2018 Ranking
Recognized by Best Lawyers since 2015
2018 Leading Complex Commercial and Corporate Law Adviser Awards - Angelos Paphitis
Finance Monthly CEO Awards 2018 Winner
Listed in Top 100 Lawyers by LegalComprehensive.Com
Certified Will Writing Practitioner by STEP
Ranked in Chambers Europe 2017 on Dispute Resolution
Listed in Top 25 Lawyers in Cyprus
- Barrister at Law (2001), Gray's Inn, London, UK
- Barrister at Law (2004), Cyprus Bar Association
- Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner (STEP), holder of TEP title (since 2005)
- International Tax Planning Association (ITPA), certified member (since 2005)
- Insolvency Practitioner, member of the Cyprus Insolvency Practitioners Association (since 2015)
- 2018 - Recognised Practitioner on Financial and Corporate Law, by IFLR1000, 2018 Ranking
- 2018 - Recognised Practitioner on Dispute Resolution Cyprus, by CHAMBERS & PARTNERS Europe as well as Global, 2018 Ranking
- 2018 - Recommended Lawyer on "Dispute Resolution" - by Legal 500, EMEA, 2018 Ranking
- 2017 - Recognised Practitioner on Dispute Resolution Cyprus, by CHAMBERS & PARTNERS Europe as well as Global, 2017 Ranking
- 2017 - Listed in "2017 Top 100 Lawyers in the world" by LegalComprehensive.com
- 2016 - Cyprus Recommended Lawyer on "Dispute Resolution" - Legal 500, EMEA
- 2016 - Contributed with the Financier Worldwide on "Litigation & ADR" - Corporate Advisory Handbook 2016 ed.
- 2016 - Contributed with the iFXEXPO International on "Investment Firms' Passport Rights"
- 2015 - Recognized in The Best Lawyers since 2015, Cyprus
- 2015 - Contributed with the iFXEXPO International on "Establishment of a Forex or Binary Firm"
- 2014 - Cyprus Recommended Lawyer on "Corporate and M&A" and "Dispute Resolution" - Legal 500, EMEA
- 2013 - Cyprus Recommended Lawyer on "Dispute Resolution" - Legal 500, EMEA
- 2013 - Contributed with the ITPA 2013 as "Cyprus Tax Specialist" - Green Book 2013 ed.
- 2011 - Listed on "Top 25 Lawyers in Cyprus" for 2011 - CorporateINTL Journal (UK), October issue
- LL.B (Hons) Law, London South Bank University
- LL.M (Commercial & Corporate Law), UCL, University of London
- BVC (Barrister), Bar Vocational Course, City University, London – Inns of Court School of Law
- PgD (International Tax Law), Rober Kennedy College, Zurich
- Cyprus Bar Association,
- Limassol Bar Association,
- Honorable Society of Gray’s Inn,
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP),
- Cyprus Insolvency Practitioners Association,
- International Bar Association,
- International Tax Planning Association,
- International Law Office,
- International Trademarks Association,
- Cyprus – Russia Business Association,
- Cyprus – China Business Association,
- Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- Limassol Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and many other associations.
What they say
Angelos Paphitis ‘finds a solution if one is to be found’.
Legal500 EMEA 2018 edition.
Angelos is a very professional lawyer. I cooperated with Angelos for more than 10 years and can recommend him as totally reliable and responsible partner.
Arsene D., Head of Legal Department at Association of Advocates, Moscow.
Headed by the ‘experienced and pragmatic’ Angelos Paphitis, AGP Law Firm’s corporate team advises a significant number of international corporations on day-to-day matters and handles cross-border group structuring or restructuring.
Legal 500 EMEA, 2016.
The ‘knowledgeable’ Angelos Paphitis is known for his ‘deep, thorough and constructive’ approach".
Legal 500 EMEA, 2015.
Angelos and his team have provided Hatch Energy Group with first class legal and financial support during the formation of our Group Corporate Head Quarters in Cyprus.
Steve Hatch, Managing Director, Hatch Energy Group
AGP Law Firm frequently represents clients in complex, high-value corporate disputes, including shareholder disputes and disputed winding up procedures. Angelos Paphitis is experienced in commercial cases.
Legal 500 EMEA, 2016.
Angelos is a very experienced professional advocate and legal advisor. He's been assisting us in a number of complicated projects and always supported us with perfectly performed ideas. By now Angelos provides legal and corporate servicing for us with the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality. He always brings the solution you need.
Nikita Y, Director of Energy Group, Ukraine